Install the printer software
You can install the printer software using the CD that comes with the printer, or you can download it from the Lexmark Web site at www.lexmark.com.
Using the CD that comes with your printer
- Close all open software applications.
- Insert the printer software CD.
- Double-click the Lexmark 810 Series CD icon on your desktop. The Lexmark 810 Series installer dialog is displayed. On this dialog are the Install icon and the Help installer icon.
- Double-click the Install icon.
- Complete the authentication notice, and then click OK. You are guided through the introduction.
For help with your pass phrase, click to access Help. |
- Click Continue. You are guided through the Read Me files.
- Click Continue. You are guided through the licence agreement.
- From the pop up menu at the top, choose a language.
- Click Continue.
- Click Agree.
- Click Continue.
- Select a destination to install your printer software, and then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- If your language is not supported, choose a language in which the software will be installed. Click Continue.
- Choose a country or region closest to you, and then click Continue.
- The printer software installation is complete. You can:
Click Finished when you are done. A reminder that the printer is supported only in Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later appears.
Click Close to close the installer dialog. The Lexmark 810 Series folder is created on your desktop. You are now ready to start using your Lexmark 810 Series printer.
- Register your printer on the Internet.
- Print a test page to verify if your printer is working properly.
- Check the Lexmark Web site for offers (United States and Canada only).
Using the World Wide Web
- Access the Lexmark Web site at www.lexmark.com.
- On the home page, navigate through the menu selection, and then click Drivers & Downloads.
- Select the printer and the printer driver for your operating system.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download the driver and install the printer software.
Uninstall the printer software
Setting up your printer
Understanding the printer software